At MXL, before we receive the order. We work with your team to review the design, specifications, and your specific needs to ensure the highest quality throughout the manufacturing process. After production, we provide in-house testing to validate the quality and compliance of everything we make.
We are an ISO-9001-2015 registered enterprise. Our quality system has been thoroughly reviewed and approved by many of major customers, including Fortune 500 companies.
MXL’s Quality Lab is equipped to perform the testing most important to our customers. We verify compliance to ANSI Z87.1, EN166, MIL-V-43511 and other international standards. Testing capabilities include optical performance, abrasion-resistance, ballistics, dimensional performance tolerance, and spectrophotometry. Specific components tested include Military Visors, Motorsport Shields, Chemical and Fire Industry Respirator Visors, Domes, and many other optical plastic parts.
MXL’s in-house testing capabilities include:
- Prismatic Deviation per ANSI Z87.1 and EN166 as well as laser measurement of Prismatic Deviation to satisfy the requirements of MIL-V-43511.
- Refractive Power per ANSI Z87.1 and EN166 as well as MIL-V-43511.
- Optical Distortion testing using an Ann Arbor Ronchi tester.
- Testing for UV Transmittance, IR Transmittance, Optical Density, Chromaticity, and Neutrality using Spectrophotometers.
- Luminous Transmittance, Haze, and Clarity using Hazemeters.
- Ballistics testing per ANSI Z87.1, EN166, MIL-STD-662, MIL-PFR-31013, MIL-PRF-32432, and Snell. Projectiles include steel balls (1/4” or 6mm), T-37 projectiles (15 or 22 caliber), and pellets (22 caliber). MXL also performs customer specified impact testing using a hockey puck thrower.
- Abrasion resistance using a Taber Abrader per MIL-C-83409, Summer’s Arsenal eraser and cheesecloth per ISO-9211, Sand Drop Diffusion per EN166, and NFPA Abrasion per NFPA-1981.
- Fog resistance using a fog chamber per ASTM-F659 and EN166.
- Accelerated weathering for Humidity per MIL-STD-810.
- Solar Radiation, Temperature and Shock, UV Weathering, Chemical Resistance, per ASTM, MIL-PRF-32432, MIL-DTL-43511 and MIL-STD-810 using certified outside labs.
- Dimensional checks using calibrated hand tools, Video Measuring System (VMS), and a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)